Sunday, December 21, 2008

My first gingerbread house...

And boy am I so proud of myself.

My friend B and I were kind of unprepared for the feat of making a gingerbread house from scratch. Little did we know how long it would take us. A long time. 10 hours. Or so.

Time aside, it was so much fun and very worthwhile. I can't wait to do it again next year. At lease we will be somewhat prepared. It may just have to become tradition. Yay! I love traditions. Especially Christmas ones.

We made the gingerbread. Kneaded and cooled. And cooled. And then baked. Something we hadn't planned on taking soooo long...
So we went for a stroll along the beach...
Assembled the lollies.
Made pretty decorations...
And me being me, couldn't wait to assemble my house. Like the recipe told me to. So I decorated that too.
And voila!
1am.
Finished.
'Till next year...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gingerbread house looks oh so delectable. My wish this Christmas is that I see you before you make your next gingerbread house.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Much love x