Wednesday, April 13, 2011

...



This week I have been caring for two babies. A big one. And a little one. The big one was in need of the best natural cold remedy I swear by. It is such a comforting way I can give my family a boost to the immune system. Chicken Soup.

This recipe is my take on my Nonna's Italian Chicken Noodle Soup.



I throw a whole organic chicken, one onion, two carrots, two sticks of celery, 2 very ripe tomatoes (quartered), enough chicken stock to cover the chicken and a big bunch of parsley into a pot. I bring it to boil and then let it simmer away, ever so slowly for over two hours. Right before you are ready to serve it, shred the chicken meat (it will practically just fall apart)and then cook up some small soup pasta or risoni in a separate pan, then add the pasta to the soup. Be sure to remove all bones from the chicken. Season to taste.

So easy, so nourishing, so comforting, so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Much love x