Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Camping

We are currently camping in our lounge room. I don't know if you've heard, but we are experiencing a major heat wave. And I mean major. Today it was 45.7 degrees Celsius. And that is only the second day of what is expected to be over a week long. While I am looking at America blanketed in beautiful sheets of white snow, we can barely walk outside for the fear of instant heat stroke. So. Our lounge room is now our bedroom. It is the only cool place in the house. Our windows are covered in purple sheets. And no. It is not for re-decorating purposes. Purely to keep the heat out.

I do apologise for the blurry shot but the heat is attacking my energy levels. So that's all I can be bothered to do for now.

N said to me over dinner tonight (as I was complaining) something that centred me. Sometimes he does that. Without even realising it. He said 'it doesn't matter about the heat, just be thankful we are here together, that's all we need... we're happy'. Oh, how lovely. Oh, how I am thankful.

So. Before I say goodnight. I hope where ever you are in the world, no matter what the weather, heat or snow, no matter what the circumstances you are happy, and around people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Much love x