Wednesday, December 17, 2008

thejadeleaf: Inspiration

Welcome to thejadeleaf. My place and space to share all the bits and pieces of this world that I love and enjoy. I have thought about starting a blog for a while now, inspired by all of the amazing blogs I read daily, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go so public so soon. I am a private person and felt that if I started a blog it would be like sharing my private thoughts with people whom I normally wouldn't! If you know what I mean...Then I came across something that changed my mind. "The best thing about having a blog is that, if you do it everyday, you start to see everyday as an opportunity, not just to take a picture and talk about jam, but to look at things differently. An opportunity to gain some perspective on the prosaic aspects of our lives, those we tend to take for granted." The above is a small extract from Alicia Paulson's new book, 'Stitched In Time - Memory Keeping Projects to Sew and Share'. This is the quote that inspired me to have my own blog. Somewhere to share the small things, the things like Alicia quoted 'that we tend to take for granted'. Ever since I read this I have stopped to smell a beautiful rose, and stopped to feel the warmth of the sun on my back, and stopped to take a photograph of something I would normally walk right past. I have stopped to enjoy the simple things in life, which to me, is what life is all about... Welcome to thejadeleaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Much love x