Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day three

Day three
Photos like these mean so much to me. Every year, Easter would be spent as kids up river - camping. I loved every second of it, and I still treasure every fond little memory I do have. The cold mornings peeking my head out of the tent to see if Easter Bunny had hidden some eggs for us in the bush. The sound of the noisy crows, which would be the equivalent to a "cock-a-doodle-do" wake-up call. It's funny the things you hold close to your heart as you grow up. At the time camping was just, camping. Nothing more. But now. Oh, how it is so much more.
These pictures I took of my nieces, on Easter Sunday when we went to visit them up river. And whilst I tried not to get too wet, or too dirty, I watched these two little girls in their element, just as I was many years ago. In and out of the tent, eating their marshmallow bunnies, fishing, in the water, out the water, in the boat, playing with the shrimp ("he's got big nippers") life jackets on and off, on off, on off...
And so it continued all day, until the sun began to set, and two dripping wet girls climbed out of the boat for the final time that day to change into their pj's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Much love x